6/25/12

brave...spoiler alert!


i'm sure you all have heard of this movie. all of the trailers are pretty...well vague. 
the only thing i knew the movie was about was a scottish red headed princess. 
with my little sister visiting, i knew we would be going to see this movie. she's a big disney movie watcher, especially if the lead role is a strong willed woman.
sooooo...we ended up going on friday evening.
i really liked it...a lot.
i don't want to ruin it, buuuuut it was mostly about her relationship with her mother.


it made me think about my mother and what a great example she's been in my life


like the mother and daughter in the movie, we've had our share of rough patches.
there have been a lot of times where we haven't understood each other.

there have been even more times when she has been my best friend, my only confidant, my shoulder to cry on, my road trip buddy, my fashion consultant, my personal house call doctor, my soft landing, my junk food and exercise buddy, and so much more.

i love my mom and i'm so glad that she is mine. 
we have shared so many laughs and tears. i haven't always been the easiest daughter to mother, but she has loved me through it all. 
i can only hope that, when the time comes, i can be as good of a mother as she is to me.
i love her, and she loves me.

life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment